imap-login: Authenticate PLAIN failed: Unsupported authentication mechanism - with Evolution

Felix Zielcke fzielcke at z-51.de
Thu Jun 25 14:28:16 UTC 2015

Am Donnerstag, den 25.06.2015, 11:35 +0100 schrieb lejeczek:
> I wonder if you know if Evolution works with dovecot TLS?

Of course. I use dovecot+Evolution fine.
You only need to enable PLAIN and/or LOGIN auth method in your config.
or the other ones supported by Evolution.

And TLS doestn't matter in this case. As long as Evolution has compiled
it in and dovecot has compiled it in, then it works. Dovecot of course
needs to have it correctly configured with the certificate.