authenticate LDAP to email server

Daniel Tröder troeder at univention.de
Fri Jun 26 06:19:57 UTC 2015

Am 25.06.2015 um 22:36 schrieb robert k Wild:
> hi all,
>
> first things first my version and config -
>
> # 2.0.9: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
>
> # OS: Linux 2.6.32-504.el6.x86_64 x86_64 CentOS release 6.6 (Final)
>
> auth_mechanisms = plain login
>
> mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
>
> mbox_write_locks = fcntl
>
> passdb {
>
>   driver = pam
>
> }
>
> protocols = imap pop3
>
> service auth {
>
>   unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/auth {
>
>     group = postfix
>
>     mode = 0666
>
>     user = postfix
>
>   }
>
> }
>
> ssl_cert = </etc/pki/dovecot/certs/dovecot.pem
>
> ssl_key = </etc/pki/dovecot/private/dovecot.pem
>
> userdb {
>
>   driver = passwd
>
> }
>
> -
>
> i have installed dovecot+postfix email server and a
>
> LDAP server, if i create users on the LDAP server can dovecot pick up
>
> the usernames and create a mailbox for the individual users
>
> as atm
>
> if i want to create an email address for users i add the user to the
>
> email server and make a directory for the users mailbox and have to
>
> chmod and chown
>
> also just another question, can i set up mail groups on dovecot?
>
> cheers
>
> rob

Hi Rob,

all you need to do is figure out what the attribute in your LDAP tree
is, that holds the email address. Then configure uris, dn, dnpass,
[tls*], base, scope, user_attrs, user_filter, iterate_attrs and
iterate_filter in /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext and uncomment the
include line in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-auth.conf

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/LDAP/Userdb

Good luck
Daniel