authenticate LDAP to email server

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Jun 27 13:15:03 UTC 2015

Am 27.06.2015 um 00:36 schrieb robert k Wild:
> i have made a file "/etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext"
>
> hosts = 10.10.1.3
> base = dc=robina,dc=private
> ldap_version = 3
> auth_bind = yes
> auth_bind_userdn = cn=%u,cn=home,ou=robina_users,dc=robina,dc=private
> pass_attrs = uid=user
> pass_filter = (&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid=%u))

Why do you ignore the documentation?

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/LDAP/AuthBinds

"If you're using DN template, pass_attrs and pass_filter settings are
completely ignored. That means you can't make passdb return any extra
fields. You should also set auth_username_format = %Lu in dovecot.conf
to normalize the username by lowercasing it. "

> i have also uncommented out the "include" line in the file10-auth.conf
>
> tried testing it by doing a telnet on my local host but it cant find my
> user, any suggestions
>
> many thanks
>
> rob

And please stop top-posting with full quotation of preovious content.
This is a mailing list. The histtory of the thread is archived.

Alexander