IP drop list

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Mar 1 09:25:43 UTC 2015

Am 01.03.2015 um 08:53 schrieb Jim Pazarena:
> I wonder if there is an easy way to provide dovecot a flat text file of
> ipv4 #'s which should be ignored or dropped?
>
> I have accumulated 45,000+ IPs which routinely try dictionary and
> 12345678 password attempts. The file is too big to create firewall
> drops, and I don't want to compile with wrappers *if* dovecot has an
> easy ability to do this. If dovecot could parse a flat text file of IPs
> and drop connections it would sure put a dent in these attempts.

hence i asked month ago for RBL support because such lists are easy to
feed into http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/rbldnsd.html - sadly i got no reply
than use fail2ban and what not irrelevant if there is already a local dnsbl

i guess for a C-programmer it takes not much more than 10 minutens
include a config option to list rbl servers and close connections absed
on the DNS responses