Connect failed to database

Oliver Welter mail at oliwel.de
Mon Mar 2 07:42:52 UTC 2015

Am 02.03.2015 um 06:03 schrieb Dan LaSota:
> I have dovecot version 2.2.10
> dovecot -n output below
>
> I am seeing connection errors being written to my dovecot error log:
> Mar  1 19:51:15 mail dovecot: auth-worker(2224): Error: mysql(localhost): Connect failed to database (servermail): Access denied for user 'usermail'@'localhost' (using password: YES) - waiting for 5 seconds before retry

Just some quick ideas
* check if the mysql socket file has rw permissions for the dovecot user
* Try to run the mysql query as user dovecot (su dovecot)
* Try to set the local ip instead of localhost (mysql makes a difference
in the ACL checks if you come from localhost)

Oliver

--
Protect your environment -  close windows and adopt a penguin!