Connect failed to database

Oliver Welter mail at oliwel.de
Mon Mar 2 20:20:56 UTC 2015

Am 02.03.2015 um 19:30 schrieb Dan LaSota:

>>> Just some quick ideas
>>> * check if the mysql socket file has rw permissions for the dovecot user
>
> # ls -l /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
> srwxrwxrwx. 1 mysql mysql 0 Mar  1 19:33 /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
>>>
>>> * Try to run the mysql query as user dovecot (su dovecot)
>
> The dovecot user I set up is a non-interactive user
> /sbin/nologin

You can use "su dovecot -s /bin/bash" to override the configured shell
(or temporary set the users shell using "usermod").

> However the mysql client is world executable:
doevcot should not need the client (its build in)

>>> * Try to set the local ip instead of localhost (mysql makes a difference in the ACL checks if you come from localhost)
>
> I have tried with
> connect = host=localhost dbname=servermail user='usermail' password='gjwslegosoghjshloehg$_jsdgh'
> and
> connect = host=127.0.0.1 dbname=servermail user='usermail' password='gjwslegosoghjshloehg$_jsdgh'

Do you really have a dollar sign in the password? This is always a
suspicious candidate - try a password without the dollar sign (I dont
know if/what dovecot requires escaping)

Oliver

--
Protect your environment -  close windows and adopt a penguin!