Rebuilding SIS attachment links from log

Daniel Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Tue Mar 3 21:08:58 UTC 2015

This seems simple enough...I'm just not script wizard.  If someone can
throw together a starting point I can test and tweak it from there.  It
seems to me:

1.  Read /var/mail/mail.err or specified logfile
2.  For each "failed:
read(/var/mail/attachments/aa/bb/attachmentHash-userHash" line,
     a. Confirm /var/mail/attachments/aa/bb/hashes/attachmentHash exists
         i. If attachmentHash is missing display such for possible
backup searching.
     b. create link attachmentHash-userHash to hashes/attachmentHash
3.  Continue to end of file

Can this be done via "pure" BASH?  Need sed/awk as well?

--
Daniel