Sieve editheader should support adding Received and Auto-Submitted headers

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Fri Mar 6 19:05:42 UTC 2015

On 3/5/2015 12:05 AM, Lee Maguire wrote:
> However, the hard restriction in RFC 5293 on Auto-Submitted and
> Received only applies to the use of deleteheader and not addheader.
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5293#section-6
>>    As a matter of local policy, implementations MAY limit which header
>>    fields may be deleted and which header fields may be added.  However,
>>    implementations MUST NOT permit attempts to delete "Received" and
>>    "Auto-Submitted" header fields and MUST permit both addition and
>>    deletion of the "Subject" header field.
> Using Dovecot version 2.1.7 but I assume it’s not version specific issue.

Oh, looks like I missed that part.

Fixed:
http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.2-pigeonhole/rev/c13471f102be

I've split up the configuration to allow separate configuration of
addheader/deleteheader.

Updated documentation:
http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.2-pigeonhole/raw-file/c13471f102be/doc/extensions/editheader.txt

Regards,