Why is Sieve trying to re-compile global scripts?

Olaf Hopp Olaf.Hopp at kit.edu
Wed Mar 11 10:10:38 UTC 2015

On 03/11/2015 07:17 AM, E.B. wrote:

> Might be unpredictable caching.  Might be the error didn't go away
> last time I recreated due to different methods of creating the files.
> Who knows, I think I should give up and stop spamming the list
> with uneducated guesswork.

No - no spam at least for me.

Please see the thread with subject
"Sieve permissions issue following update"
I tested sucessfully a developper issue last month
on the hint of Stephan. Yesterday I started to test the currenr RCs.

First I was disappointed, because the error seems to persist.
So I double checked everything, recreated / recompiled everything
an the error went away. So I thought it was mistake on my side.
I gave Spephan postive feedback. And I'm waiting for the final release
for my production server.

But when I read your mails, I'm not feeling happy.
I think it's a kink of luck/voodoo/whatever.

What you must do, I think, is to compile the sieve script with the
exact version running afterwards.
And I think you should the remove the compiled .svbin files
before recreating them again. Don't overwrite them with the compiler.

I think I'll also dig into this any further today.

Olaf

--
Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)
ATIS - Abt. Technische Infrastruktur, Fakultät für Informatik

Dipl.-Geophys. Olaf Hopp
- Leitung IT-Dienste -

Am Fasanengarten 5, Gebäude 50.34, Raum 009
76131 Karlsruhe
Telefon: +49 721 608-43973
Fax: +49 721 608-46699
E-Mail: Olaf.Hopp at kit.edu
atis.informatik.kit.edu

www.kit.edu

KIT - Universität des Landes Baden-Württemberg und nationales Forschungszentrum in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft

Das KIT ist seit 2010 als familiengerechte Hochschule zertifiziert.