Released Pigeonhole v0.4.7.rc1 for Dovecot v2.2.16.rc1

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Mar 11 21:38:04 UTC 2015

On 3/11/2015 3:16 AM, E.B. wrote:

>>> When I compiled and installed this, Sieve scripts were being ignored. Not
>>> sure if it's my own stupid mistake, but when I put v0.4.6 back in place, it
>>> worked fine. No configuration changes, only make install on the different
>>> sources and restart dovecot.
>> Could you show your dovecot -n output?
>>
>> Also, if you enable mail_debug, what sieve-related debug lines are shown?
> OK, I re-tested and it's still ignoring personal scripts (but not
> global ones).  No .svbin gets generated, no errors, just nothing.
> However, I do see that Sieve was accessing the user home directory
> because for some reason now it just created a ".pki" directory
> therein, which inside of it has an empty "nssdb" directory.  That
> never happened before...?  Not a big problem, but I'd prefer not
> to have that there.

Sieve doesn't do that. I don't think Dovecot does that either, but I am
not sure.

> Re: mail_debug, this relates to another post I made that didn't get any
> replies - can I not override settings such as that (and log_path) from
> a userdb lookup?  Hmm, I WAS able to override mail_debug from userdb,
> but not log_path?
>
> Sieve-related mail_debug, then?
>
> This looks like the relevant log info:
>
> dovecot: lmtp(testuser at example.com): Debug: Be3h7iRf/1TnUw2PM/SpMA: sieve: file storage: Storage path `/vmail/example.com/testuser/sieve' not found
> dovecot: lmtp(testuser at example.com): Debug: Be3h7iRf/1TnUw2PM/SpMA: sieve: No default script configured for user
> dovecot: lmtp(testuser at example.com): Debug: Be3h7iRf/1TnUw2PM/SpMA: sieve: User has no personal script
>
> I'll check on 0.4.6 and report if I see anything interesting,
> but I will assume for the moment that since personal scripts
> work in 0.4.6 that this log info won't be there. It is correct that
> there is no "sieve" file or directory in the user's home dir.  This
> wasn't a problem in 0.4.6.  Is it a requirement?

Well, since your config says the following:

sieve = file:~/sieve;active=~/.dovecot.sieve

It expects a sieve storage directory at ~/sieve (created when
ManageSieve is used to upload a script).
Also, a symbolic link pointing to the active script will be located at
~/.dovecot.sieve once a script is activated (i.e. through ManageSieve or
doveadm sieve).

I wonder how this would have worked before with 0.4.6. Is the
~/.dovecot.sieve a normal script file perhaps (rather than a symlink)?
This would mean that the following config would work (e.g. if you don't
use ManageSieve):

sieve = file:~/.dovecot.sieve

> Also, if you didn't see my post a few days ago, while I have your
> attention, I thank you for the extdata plugin and vote to keep it
> alive.  Only caveat is I hope to see the dict mechanism in Dovecot
> become more flexible... at a minimum, would like to be able to pass
> at least one parameter (beside the implicit username) and indicate
> what field to test it against (I would like at least a simply-configured
> WHERE clause) if not full query customization.  :)  Perhaps not easy
> stuff, but extdata as is still helps me out.

I haven't looked at that plugin in a while. I could add it to the main
pigeonhole package, since it doesn't depend on anything else. It is
still a work in progress though, so don't expect the syntax of the
extensions to remain the same in the future when I would continue
development.

I don't know whether it is acceptable to change the dict functionality
like that. Timo will know...

Regards,

Stephan.