How to detect out-of-sync condition

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 23:21:34 UTC 2015

Cliff Hayes writes:

> I didn't see anything but the log is huge and I could have easily missed
> it.
> Is there a certain error or phrase I should look for?
> If so please advise.

In my setup using mbox, typical log entries would be like

 	(Common)
 	Warning: UIDVALIDITY changed ({int} -> {int}) in mbox file ...
 	Error: Next message unexpectedly corrupted in mbox file ...

 	(Rare)
 	Error: Corrupted index cache file {cache-file}: Broken physical size for mail UID ...
 	Error: read({file}) failed: Next message unexpectedly lost from mbox file ...
 	Error: read({file}) failed: Cached message size larger than expected ...

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>