Problem with replication ("Fatal: -N parameter requires syncing with remote host")

Vanja vanja at pobox.com
Mon Mar 16 08:59:58 UTC 2015

Philipp,

I already tried explicitly specifying port, it does not make any
difference. I tried quite many 'obvious' (to put it this way)
configuration changes and tried changing many things in setup, but it
would be too much to list all of them in a post.

Basically, I was hoping that someone would know what exactly triggers
this behavior, so I could fix it.

At this point in time, I would like to see whether I can make this work
with 2.2.9 that comes with Ubuntu 14.04, to avoid having to compile
anything from sources (for easier maintenance, later on, since I
probably won't be the one maintaining this).

I am also not sure whether there is a reliable (semi-official?) PPA with
latest Dovecot. I saw this one (
https://launchpad.net/~mamarley/+archive/ubuntu/updates ) but I am not
sure whether I can rely on it not breaking anything at some point.

Thanks.