Patch SERVICE_FIRST_STATUS_TIMEOUT

Andre Helwig a.helwig at heinlein-support.de
Tue Mar 17 09:31:21 UTC 2015

On 03/16/2015 10:30 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 16 Mar 2015, at 22:36, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
>>
>>> So we had to apply the attached patch to our Source based
>>> Dovecot Cluster.
>>>
>>> Could you please make a configurable Parameter for our Patched
>>> value?
>>>
>>> That would be great to get this parameter Configurable.
>>
>> That's the wrong solution though. A process initialization is
>> supposed to take less than a second always. If something like
>> LDAP initialization is taking minutes, this waiting should be
>> done after the process initialization has finished.
>>
>> I thought the LDAP initialization code was asynchronous though,
>> unless you're using sasl_bind=yes or tls=yes?
>
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/0a17875f0ece should help with
> this. I did a bunch of other cleanup commits also, which are more
> or less required to avoid invalid errors from rapidly recreating
> auth processes that just die immediately.

Wow that was a fast response also with patching.
We will test this asap.

Thanks a lot Timo.

Cheers,
Andre Helwig

- --
Heinlein Support GmbH
Schwedter Str. 8/9b, 10119 Berlin

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-0
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,