Support for multiple passwords?

Conrad Kostecki ck+dovecot at bl4ckb0x.de
Wed Mar 18 19:40:12 UTC 2015

Hi!
Currently, the passwords are stored in plaintext for my dovecot, as I am
still using cram-md5 AND digest-md5.
I have still to offer that, as I have some deprecated clients,
therefore, I am unable to hash at least those passwords for that
accounts.

I've found on the Wiki:
> In future it's possible that Dovecot could support multiple passwords
> in different schemes for a single user.

Is there any news about this? Are there still any plans to support this
maybe in future?
For my understanding, that would solve my problem, that I could define a
password in both schemes (cram and digest) and don't have to use
plaintext password?

Cheers
Conrad