FreeBSD ZFS maildir to mdbox

Roland van Laar roland at micite.net
Sat Mar 21 11:25:53 UTC 2015

On 18-03-15 08:26, Toni Mattila wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 18-Mar-15 00:09, Roland van Laar wrote:
>> I'm converting my mailbox from Maildir to mdbox..
>> The Maildir is from an 1.2 server.
>> The same conversion on a virtual ubuntu 14.04 box works with mentions of
>> "filename has the wrong S value" and Corrupted index errors.
>
> You should fix the Maildir files first to have correct S= (size) on
> them. Older maildrops and qmail likes to create wrong sizes and newer
> dovecots rely on that S= to be correct.
>
> You can use http://www.dovecot.org/tools/maildir-size-fix.pl or
> similar script to fix your existing maildirs.
That fixed it for me, the migration from maildir to mdbox is working now.

I had trouble running the script at first, I added some extra
information about the different kind of commandline options.
Feel free to include them in the script on dovecot.org.

LINE: 233
if (scalar @ARGV == 0) {
     print STDERR "Usage: maildir-size-fix.pl /path/to/Maildir\n";
   print STDERR "-c :Check if the files are compressed. Use the
uncompressed size for S=size.\n";
   print STDERR "-f :If S=size already exists, verify that it is
correct.\n";
   print STDERR "-n :If filename doesn't already have a S=size, add it.\n";
   print STDERR "-p :If UIDLs are based on filename and no P<uidl> entry
already
   \t exist for a message, write a P<original filename> entry so it doesn't
   \t change when renaming a file.\n";
   print STDERR "-r :Recursively scan the maildir for subdirectories.\n";
   print STDERR "-v :Verbose logging.\n";
   exit 1
}