Courier-dovecot migration issue: Forward and Junk flags

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Mar 27 21:15:33 UTC 2015

On 25 Mar 2015, at 17:12, Dennis Højgaard <dh at powerhosting.dk> wrote:

> Hello.. Another courier -> dovecot migrater here.. I ham having a bit of trouble converting the courier maildir correctly, or actually i'm almost there. The only thing i experience is that forwarded messages and messages marked as junk (in thunderbird) are downloaded again (i am using thunderbird and caching) after running the courier-dovecot-migrate.pl script and connecting to the newly configured dovecot imap server.. So i think that the Forward and Junk flag is not being converted..

What do you mean "downloaded again" - how do you see it? Are you talking about IMAP or POP3 protocol? A missing IMAP flag doesn't cause redownloading, it would at most cause the mail to not be displayed as forwarded/junk. It sounds like something else is going wrong (the mail getting a new UID for some reason?)