quota setup assistance (postfix+dovecot+mysql)

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Mon Mar 30 23:57:42 UTC 2015

On 03/30/2015 07:11 PM, rooster wrote:
> 	I’m curious as to why on the 2nd test, there are quote marks in the mail_plugins parameters but not in the 1st or 3rd test?
When you use $mail_plugins for the first time, it is equal to the empty
string, because it wasn't set yet.
When you set a config setting to $mail_plugins followed by a space, and
then some more stuff, you are effectively putting a leading space into
the value. doveconf -n represents this clearly by quoting the string.
This is not important.

> 	I think the 3rd test is the desired operating configuration.
No. You are putting imap - specific plugins in the global mail_plugins.
>   If so, why is using $mail_plugins causing an issue? Is this a bug in the ubuntu 14.04 packages?
No.
>   Or was I wrong to use $mail_plugins in the lmtp protocol section
No.

You need to revise your general understanding of how dovecot
configuration works. I suggest you read slowly and carefully my previous
messages in this thread, as I have already explained a few facts that
are relevant to your trouble, plus whatever other sources, such as the
dovecot wiki.