Full text search indexes not used for header/body OR queries?

Robert L Mathews lists at tigertech.com
Sat May 9 04:47:35 UTC 2015

As a followup to my own message:

On 5/8/15 1:34 PM, Robert L Mathews wrote:
> I've noticed that when using Lucene full text search, most queries use
> the indexes and/or header cache and are fast [...] But an OR query that
> mixes headers and body does not use the available
> FTS indexes for the BODY part and is slow:

This turned out to be my own fault because of a foolish mistake I made
when testing. Dovecot actually works fine on all the search queries I
mentioned, even in version 2.1.7.

My apologies for the noise on the list.

(My mistake was that when switching from Squat to Lucene, I didn't
remove a local patch that prevented FTS from being used for header
searches, because I thought the patch was only affecting Squat. That
patch was to workaround what I reported in
<http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2014-May/096360.html>. But the
patch also affected Lucene.)

--
Robert L Mathews, Tiger Technologies, http://www.tigertech.net/