Best practice for getting sieve scripts replicated?

Michael Grimm trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de
Thu May 14 12:46:01 UTC 2015

Hi —

I do have replication between two servers running, and mail is replicated without any issues.
I do have sieve running at both servers without any issues.

But replication of sieve scripts doesn't work as "expected":

Whenever I do modify my default script und upload it via "doveadm sieve put -u abc -a default < default" it becomes uploaded to the home directory of user abc as expected, but it will not be replicated to the partner server.

Whenever I do deactivate the default script by "doveadm sieve deactivate -u abc", followed by a deletion "doveadm sieve delete -u abc default" plus subsequent upload of the script "doveadm sieve put -u abc -a default < default", replication takes place instantly.

Questions: Is a modification of a sieve script supposed to be triggered the latter way? Or am I doing it the wrong way?

Thanks and regards,
Michael