imap_logout_format improvements / ideas

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri May 15 11:59:48 UTC 2015

http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/93bba97afb2a
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/e0a17714f0c9

So all in all, you can now add to imap_logout_format:

#  %i - total number of bytes read from client
#  %o - total number of bytes sent to client
#  %{fetch_hdr_count} - Number of mails with mail header data sent to client
#  %{fetch_hdr_bytes} - Number of bytes with mail header data sent to client
#  %{fetch_body_count} - Number of mails with mail body data sent to client
#  %{fetch_body_bytes} - Number of bytes with mail body data sent to client
#  %{deleted} - Number of mails where client added \Deleted flag
#  %{expunged} - Number of mails that client expunged
#  %{trashed} - Number of mails that client copied/moved to the
#               special_use=\Trash mailbox.

Any thoughts on what else would be useful?

I was also thinking about separating (deletes and) expunges from Trash vs non-Trash, but I'm not sure how useful that would be (and what would it be called?) It's also a bit annoying that a copy+expunge to a Trash will return expunged=1 trashed=1, but a move to Trash (via IMAP MOVE) will return expunged=0 trashed=1. But trying to fix that would be too much trouble.