Problem with sieve not triggering randomly?

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Fri May 15 15:56:04 UTC 2015

Once upon a time, Stephan Bosch <stephan at rename-it.nl> said:
> You can check the handling of a particular message yourself using the
> sieve-test tool (there is a man page for it). By specifying the `-t -
> -Tlevel=matching` options, you'll get detailed information on why a
> particular decision is made.

Hmm, that's weird.  sieve-test says it would store the message into the
Spam folder (as expected), but it was definitely delivered to INBOX.

> Without insight in your configuration (output from `dovecot -n`) and an
> example of a message that is mishandled, I cannot tell you more.

Here you go.  I changed the local part of the user's email address in
the spam message, and the doveadm password in the doveconf output, but
that's all.

http://www.cmadams.net/misc/dove/doveconf-n.txt
http://www.cmadams.net/misc/dove/spam-message.txt

I have three Dovecot VMs behind a pair of Dovecot director VMs; this is
from the actual host that handled the delivery (all three backend hosts
are showing the same issue).  Users are in MySQL and mail is on NFS.
There are some things configured, like managesieve, that aren't
currently used.

This is a new setup, migrated from Courier; I made the switch a couple
of weeks ago (not my first time using Dovecot, just finally got a chance
to migrate this setup).

Thanks.
--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>