[Dovecot] IMAP and POP3 operations log per user

Miloš Dukić ghostlovescorebg at gmail.com
Fri May 15 22:01:07 UTC 2015

On 05/14/15 23:49, Jorge Bastos wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'd like to have a log per user, and protocol (imap+pop3), where this log
> would tell me/save the message sender+subject+operation (deleted, marked to
> expunge/other/was read/other).
>
> Is there something similar to this that already exists?
>

> If not is there something like this on the TODO/whishlist?
>

> Thanks in advanced,
>
> Jorge Bastos
> .

Jorge,

Per user loggin is not available.
You can enable Dovecot events in 10-logging.conf. Just uncomment
mail_log_events = delete undelete expunge copy mailbox_delete mailbox_rename
in plugin section.

Depending on your setup, it will be logged to /var/log/maillog, or
whatever you defined in your syslog configuration.