"doveadm backup" doesn't work anymore after upgrading to 2.2.18

Jesus Cea jcea at jcea.es
Thu May 21 12:52:35 UTC 2015

On 20/05/15 21:53, Robert L Mathews wrote:
> On 5/19/15 6:19 AM, Jesus Cea wrote:
>
>> dsync-local(jcea): Error: Remote command returned error 65: ssh csi
>> doveadm dsync-server dsync-server
>> """
>>
>> Now in 2.2.18 I get the second error and the backup is aborted. It
>> doesn't work anymore.
>>
>> I don't find any reference to error 65 anywhere.
>
> Error 65 is likely the SSH process exit code. Pages like this suggest
> it's "Host Not Allowed To Connect":

It is not a SSH error because to get the first error (the sieve related
one) "doveadm" already connected to the remote backup server via SSH.

I have installed & configured sieve in the backup server, with an empty
filter set. I can now do the backup correctly.

Interestingly if I disable the sieve plugin in the backup server, the
backup keeps working. WTF!

My guess is that sieve has set the
"vendor/vendor.dovecot/pvt/server/sieve/default" attribute in the
mailbox and the backup process is happy now, even if I disable sieve
after the fact.

I consider this issue closed but it would be nice to be documented
somewhere. Thanks.

--
Jesús Cea Avión                         _/_/      _/_/_/        _/_/_/
jcea at jcea.es - http://www.jcea.es/     _/_/    _/_/  _/_/    _/_/  _/_/