Controlling IP addresses for services

Alex Regan mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Sat May 23 03:40:21 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 05/22/2015 10:44 PM, Marcus Rueckert wrote:
> On 2015-05-22 22:02:49 -0400, Alex wrote:
>> I'm using dovecot-2.2.15 on fedora21 and would like to configure pop3s
>> and imaps to only listen on localhost and internal addresses.
>>
>> It seems the listen= parameter only supports ports, not IP addresses.
>> Is it possible to control which IPs the services listen on?
>>
>> I'm also interested in knowing the differences between pop3-login and
>> just the pop3 service? Same with imap-login and imap?
>>
>> I've searched the wiki and still a bit confused.
>
> listen=127.0.0.1,::1

Ah, looks like I should have been more clear. I meant on a per-service
basis. Apparently adding listen= in a specific service section isn't
supported?

service imap-login {
   inet_listener imaps {
     listen=192.168.1.100
     port = 993
   }
}

# dovecot -n
# 2.2.15: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
line 54: Unknown setting: listen

If not, I'll have to use iptables to block it on the external ports, but
I'd rather just not have it listen there to begin with, and in addition
to my firewall policy.

Thanks,
Alex