Problem with sieve not triggering randomly?

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Sat May 23 07:48:12 UTC 2015

On 5/19/2015 10:00 PM, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net> said:
>> Okay, digging some more, it looks like something in sieve is overwriting
>> the wrong thing when it gets messages with some headers (at least From:
>> and Subject:) repeated.  I enabled the vnd.dovecot.debug sieve plugin,
>> and used this sieve script:
> And I guess something is re-parsing them at some point?  The following
> sieve script has the problem:

You're using Dovecot 2.2.10, which is quite old. I remembered a bug like
this, but I had to look it up. This is the original bug report:

http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2014-August/097375.html

Here's the fix:

http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/0e1a3c909a13

You'll need to upgrade to a version >= 2.2.14 to fix your problem.

Regards,

Stephan.