Enabling Master User for migration

Fri May 29 13:03:58 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Ok, just need a quick-n-dirty way to enable a master user for a migration...

Reading the docs, I'm not sure what the bare minimum is I need to do this...

At: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Authentication/MasterUsers

The Example config shows:

auth_master_user_separator = *
passdb {
  driver = passwd-file
  args = /etc/dovecot/passwd.masterusers
  master = yes
  pass = yes
}
passdb {
  driver = shadow
}
userdb {
  driver = passwd
}

But, if I'm using a non-real user (just need a master user that can log
in as all other users for the migration), do I need all three of these?
Or just the first two? Or, just the first one?

I think I need the first two and not the last one, but am unsure. This
is on a production system so don't want to break things, and I'm
unfamiliar with using multiple passdb's...

Thanks,

Charles