* Re: procmail as a content_filter with dovecot

Benny Pedersen me at junc.eu
Tue Nov 10 21:01:53 UTC 2015

Vicki Brown skrev den 2015-11-10 21:01:
>> dovecot supports sieve, so why the need for procmail ?
> Because I already HAVE procmail recipes and know proemial.

+1

> The point is to make what I have, work.

https://www.google.dk/search?q=procmailrc+to+sieve

and you can imho learn more with roundcube, that will help you make the
power out of sieve, but i know it if one have learned procmailrc its
will be staying that way, until one see how simple sieve rules can be

horde webmail can change rules from procmail to sieve, so if server
changes from procmail to another filter engine it would just need a new
save of rules, since horde saves meta data to rebuild procmail rules,
and this metadata can make sieve rules aswell

have fun