FTS, multiple virtualmailbox entries for single mailbox
Frank de Bot (lists)
lists at searchy.net
Thu Nov 12 20:35:07 UTC 2015
i have a dovecot setup with virtual users. Each user has 2 entries for
his mailbox. One is with the username formatted as
%username%@%default_realm% , the other %username%@%domain%
I've done some tests with it, but I don't complete understand how it works
- I've emptied all document in solr so it empty. Doveadm is instructed
to do the same with 'doveadm -D -v fts rescan -A'
- I reindex %username%@%default_realm% with 'doveadm -D index -u
- With fluke I can see 4 indexes documents.
- I reindex %username%@%domain%
- No documents are added to Solr, dovecot finds it's up-to-date
- After 'doveadm -D -v fts rescan -A' the documents are added
The part I don't understand is that a certain key used for indexing,
but dovecot checks based on something else. If find this inconsistent.
How can I manage to get virtualmailboxes where multiple logins are
allowed on 1 mailbox and FTS is working? I think it won't work well this
way if a user logs in with only a certain username with the default
realm. Message received by dovecot will be indexed in Solr with
%username%@%domain% , but there will be no indexed documents for
A earlier threads suggested to be able to override the username for FTS,
but it was tought to be not a good idea.
Frank de Bot
More information about the dovecot