fts solr ignores new mailboxes until fts rescan

Giorgio Paolucci giorgio.paolucci at unipd.it
Tue Oct 13 10:51:36 UTC 2015

  Hi Christian,
may be the issue is related to this other post:
http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2015-September/102094.html

Anyway, what I can tell you is that for every  user account,  for every
folders created after the last doveadm fts rescan for that user, dovecot
does not invoke indexer.
A new rescan fix the problem for all the folders created up to that moment.

I was wondering if I was missing something or if there was a work around to
force rescan only for new folders at the moment of their creation...

Bests.
Giorgio

Quoting Christian Kivalo <ml+dovecot at valo.at>:

> Hi,
>
> On 2015-10-12 18:39, Giorgio Paolucci wrote:
>> Hello,
>> on my debian wheezy installation, I implemented fts plugin with solr as
>> indexing system.
>> I noticed that if a user creates a new folder, that folder it is
>> ignored by
>> dovecot indexing until a doveadm fts rescan is performed for that user.
>> From that time on everything works ok on that folder.
>>
>> As a test I set fts_autoindex=yes and put in that folder a brand new
mail
>> never indexed before. in my logs indexer-worker says it indexed 0
>> messages
>>
>> Obviously this is a major issue as users often create new folders, but a
>> search always returns empty  results.
>>
>> My system is a debian wheezy with dovecot packages from backports
>> dovecot
>> 2.2.13-11~bpo70+1.
>>
>> Am I missing something? Any clue would be appreciated.
>
> Am using 2.2.19 with fts_autoindex = yes and Maildir storage.
>
> I create a folder and moved a message from inbox to the new folder and
> the log says it indexed 1 message in test, I don't have messages that
> where never indexed but i doubt this makes any difference.
>
> I'm using Roundcube and tried the search with both Subject and Body
> searches.
>
> Are the mails indexed when you perform a search?
> How do you search?
>
>> Thank you all in advance.
>>
>> Bests
>> Giorgio Paolucci
>> =============================
>>
>> doveconf -n
>> # 2.2.13: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
>> # OS: Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 x86_64 Debian 7.8
>> auth_default_realm = xxx
>> disable_plaintext_auth = no
>> log_path = /var/log/dovecot/dovecot.log
>> mail_fsync = always
>> mail_nfs_index = yes
>> mail_nfs_storage = yes
>> mail_plugins = quota  listescape mail_log notify fts fts_solr
>> managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
>> managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope
encoded-character

  --

     Ing. Giorgio Paolucci
     Universita' di Padova