Dovecot top stats

Kilburn Abrahams kilburna at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 03:26:36 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have being try to track down top email users to sometime. When I do a
network traffic check I can see there is about 15 times more email traffic
pulled from mail server than sent.

The problem I am trying to track down is which users are the culprit.

I have enabled doevcot stats  and I can do a doveadm stats dump user but I
get a 0 for disk_input, disk_output, read_bytes and write_bytes. I do get
mail_read_bytes numbers but I am not sure these numbers are correct.

I there a top utility that works well so I can see email traffic from users
mailboxes. The doveadm top does not work well. I also tried the perl
scripts and that does not do a much better job.

Thanks
Kilburn