Dovecot top stats

Kilburn Abrahams kilburna at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 15:09:27 UTC 2015

On 10/15/2015 06:17 PM, Steffen Kaiser wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015, Kilburn Abrahams wrote:
>
> > I have enabled doevcot stats  and I can do a doveadm stats dump user
> but I
> > get a 0 for disk_input, disk_output, read_bytes and write_bytes. I
> do get
> > mail_read_bytes numbers but I am not sure these numbers are correct.
>
> my stats contain numbers greater than zero, except for very few users.
>
> Did you tested it with some account and waited a bit, incl.
> logins/logouts?
>
> -- Steffen Kaiser
Yes I waited more than 24 hrs but I would assume it would a few minutes
would do it as well. I am using gentoo and dovecot 2.2.19. I get numbers
for all columns except disk_input, disk_output, read_count, read_bytes,
write_count and write_bytes which is 0.

cat /proc/self/io
rchar: 2068
wchar: 0
syscr: 6
syscw: 0
read_bytes: 0
write_bytes: 0
cancelled_write_bytes: 0

Is this a kernel setting that causes this read_bytes and write_bytes to
be 0 as it happens on a test server as well.

/Kilburn