master user in dovecot 1.2

Benny Pedersen me at junc.eu
Thu Oct 15 17:27:51 UTC 2015

Robert Schetterer skrev den 2015-10-15 18:58:

> stable vs unstable is a very personal idea from software

i know my gentoo overlay is unstalbe, but it still works for the ebuilds
i still use from it, oh no :=)

> over the time related to dovecot there may existed versions called
> stable
> but there was never a bugfree one,

bugs can be resolved with patchs

> depend to all features included, so
> its more like a rolling release in general.

yep we will see dovecot version 3.x some time in future, this will
indeed make dovecot v1 and v2 depricated :=)

> So using latest is always
> the best option

if needed yes, i just keept v1 long enough to make v2 setup stable to be
used as replacement hosting for my emails, used imapsync to move mails,
and it worked like a charm for me