Question about dovecot replication

Urban Loesch bind at enas.net
Fri Oct 23 12:51:55 UTC 2015

Hi,

last week I installed 2 servers with two dovecot nodes and replication in active/active mode located in different datacenters.

Based on the howto from wiki "http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Replication" it works great.
According to the wiki it is recomended to run "doveadm purge" on both systems continously, because "doveadm purge" will not be replicated by the
replication service. No problem so far.

But I have one doubt:
is it also reccmended (for keeping maildata in sync) to run "doveadm replicator replicate '*'" continously on both nodes?
Or is it enough on only one node?

Or should I run "doveadm sync -A tcp:anotherhost.example.com" in regular intervalls? Perhaps once a day on both nodes?

Thanks
Urban Loesch