Notify plugin doesn't send mailbox_create notifications

Lukas Mika lukas.mika at web.de
Fri Oct 23 17:46:58 UTC 2015

Hi there,

I'm running dovecot 2.2.13 on my debian jessie server.
When installing my own dovecot plugin, I noticed that there are no
notifications coming from the notify plugin.

I checked back with the mail_log plugin, but also this plugin doesn't
log any notifications when a new mailbox is created; the mail is saved
to the new inbox never the less.

I ran dovecot 2.2.9 before on my Ubuntu Trusty (14.04) server, where
with the same settings the plugins worked.

Can you reproduce this issue and does anybody know a fix to this?

Here are the relevant bits of my config:
20-lmtp.conf:
protocol lmtp {
mail_plugins).
  mail_plugins = $mail_plugins sieve mail_log notify
}

10-logging.conf
plugin {
  mail_log_events = mailbox_create