Dovecot frequently full-text reindexes the whole maildir

Frank-Ulrich Sommer f-u.s at gmx.net
Tue Oct 27 11:08:52 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm not an expert, but am doing something similar (moving messages and training the spam filter).

To detect the existence of new messages looking directly at the maildir can be a quick and dirty solution to get a trigger event.

But to move or delete I think you should use  'doveadm' to search for all messages in your spam directory and get a list of all uids an guids. Then you can call doveadm again to move vor delete the messages by id.

Just look for "doveadm search/move/purge" in the dovecot wiki.
This should ensure that the indexes stay up to date.