events

Teemu Huovila teemu.huovila at dovecot.fi
Thu Oct 29 09:42:02 UTC 2015

On 28.10.2015 19:11, Alessio Cecchi wrote:
> Il 26.10.2015 12:04 Teemu Huovila ha scritto:
>> On 26.10.2015 12:44, Frederik Bosch | Genkgo wrote:
>>> Teemu,
>>>
>>> If just need the http request, I will need something like the following configuration, right? So no meta data plugin, but with notify and push_notification?
>>>
>>> protocol lmtp {
>>>   mail_plugins = $mail_plugins notify push_notification
>>> }
>>>
>>> plugin {
>>>  push_notification_driver = ox:url=http://myurl/ <http://login:pass@node1.domain.tld:8009/preliminary/http-notify/v1/notify>
>>> }
>> You could test that, but my understanding of the ox push driver code
>> is that it completely depends on metadata and will not do anything
>> useful, if no metadata is set. Perhaps Michael can correct me, if Im
>> wrong.
>>
>> If you want some subset of the ox driver functionality, you could try
>> implementing your own driver, based on the existing code.
>
> Hi, I'm interested to testing push_notification with ox driver (I need only a GET when a new message arrived) but I don't understand how to insert METADATA information via IMAP for an user.
The notification is done with a http PUT. The IMAP METADATA is set with the SETMETADATA command (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5464#section-4.3).

As to how to register for the notifications, the best documentation is probably the source. You can see it in either http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/file/9654ab4c337c/src/plugins/push-notification/push-notification-driver-ox.c or maybe more easily in the OX source code file backend/com.openexchange.push.dovecot/src/com/openexchange/push/dovecot/commands/RegistrationCommand.java You can get the backend source by git clone https://code.open-xchange.com/git/wd/backend

An example would be something like: SETMETADATA "" (/private/vendor/vendor.dovecot/http-notify "user=myusername")

br,
Teemu Huovila