Public folder subscriptions with Outlook

Paul Tansom paul at aptanet.com
Tue Sep 8 10:16:52 UTC 2015

This is more an Outlook issue than Dovecot, but given that it is connected to
Dovecot I figured there would be a good pool of knowledge here that increases
the likelihood that somebody knows the answer :)

I have a Dovecot server setup with a public folder and keep getting complaints
that Outlook users don't see new folders created by other people. In
Thunderbird it is simply a case of unchecking the box to only show subscribed
folders, but I can't find a way to do this in Outlook. The only thing I can
think of is putting a script on the server to check for new folders and update
each users subcriptions file, but I'm not completely happy with that solution!

Any suggestions welcome.

--
 Paul Tansom  |  Aptanet Ltd.  |  https://www.aptanet.com/  |  023 9238 0001
 Vice Chair, FSB Portsmouth & SE Hampshire Branch  |  http://www.fsb.org.uk/