Different behavior of ACLs in MUA and doveadm

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Sep 8 10:20:40 UTC 2015

On 31 Dec 2014, at 23:10, Thomas Leuxner <tlx at leuxner.net> wrote:

> I have noticed a difference in the behavior of ACLs. When used in a MUA the following global ACL works fine and has the desired effect - new mailboxes can be created by a user being part of the 'PublicMailboxAdmins' group:

How does the PublicMailboxAdmins group get set? Looks to me like the problem is that it's not getting set to doveadm. Here's an easy way to check if that's the problem or something else: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/500e8dd7a389

If that doesn't help: Show your full doveconf -n, set auth_debug=yes and mail_debug=yes and show the debug logs for IMAP login and doveadm. There's a difference somewhere in there.