[Dovecot] dsync replication errors

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Sep 8 10:24:42 UTC 2015

On 08 Sep 2015, at 11:20, Sergey Schwartz <sergey.schwartz at bgoperator.com> wrote:

> I use mdbox and probably have similar issue, but in my case only shared mailboxes were affected.

Yes, shared mailboxes don't work nicely with replication. Replication is locking only the original user, so for shared mailboxes multiple dsyncs can be running in parallel and messing things up. A bit troublesome to fix this. I've had this issue happening for a couple of years now for our mails and I haven't bothered fixing it, so it's unlikely I'll do it anytime soon.. Although I haven't seen that many duplicates of the mails - just 10 or so.