Public folder subscriptions with Outlook

Paul Tansom paul at aptanet.com
Tue Sep 8 12:52:30 UTC 2015

** Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> [2015-09-08 11:30]:
> On Tue, 8 Sep 2015 11:16:52 +0100, Paul Tansom stated:
> >This is more an Outlook issue than Dovecot, but given that it is connected to
> >Dovecot I figured there would be a good pool of knowledge here that increases
> >the likelihood that somebody knows the answer :)
> >
> >I have a Dovecot server setup with a public folder and keep getting
> >complaints that Outlook users don't see new folders created by other people.
> >In Thunderbird it is simply a case of unchecking the box to only show
> >subscribed folders, but I can't find a way to do this in Outlook. The only
> >thing I can think of is putting a script on the server to check for new
> >folders and update each users subcriptions file, but I'm not completely
> >happy with that solution!
> >
> >Any suggestions welcome.
>
> What version of Outlook?
** end quote [Jerry]

Mainly 2010, but I think there may be a 2003 too. At the moment I'm looking
into using 'subscriptions = yes' in the namespace to use a shared subscriptions
file for the public folder - posting to this list has started me thinking of
things I can do on the server rather than the client.

--
 Paul Tansom  |  Aptanet Ltd.  |  https://www.aptanet.com/  |  023 9238 0001
 Vice Chair, FSB Portsmouth & SE Hampshire Branch  |  http://www.fsb.org.uk/