Multiple vacation

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Sep 8 15:34:26 UTC 2015

Op 8-9-2015 om 17:15 schreef Michele Locati:
> I'm using Dovecot 2.2.9 and I'm having problems configuring multiple
> vacation actions.
> The problem is that I'd like to have two different senders and two
> different messages, selecting the correct case by the recipient email
> address.
> I mean, if someone writes me to my email address "to-address1 at example.com"
> I'd like to answer from "from-address1 at example.com" with the message "TEST
> 1".
> If someone writes me to my email address "to-address2 at example.com" I'd like
> to answer from "from-address2 at example.com" with the message "TEST 2".
>
> Here's my script:
>
> require ["fileinto","vacation"];
>
> vacation :addresses ["to-address1 at example.com"] :from "
> from-address1 at example.com" text:
> TEST 1
> .
> ;
> }
>
> vacation :addresses ["to-address2 at example.com"] :from "
> from-address2 at example.com" text:
> TEST 2
> .
> ;
>

> But the vacation filter doesn't work, and I see this message in the log
> file:
>
> main script: line X: error: duplicate vacation action not allowed
> (previously triggered one was here: main script: line Y).
>
> Is there a way to allow multiple vacation actions?

The script you posted will not even compile. There is a stray '}'.

Anyway, you need to selectively trigger vacation responses. Your script
tries to send both at all times, which is not allowed by the Sieve
specification.

You could do something like this:

require ["fileinto","vacation", "envelope"];

if envelope "to" "to-address1 at example.com" {
} elsif envelope "to" "to-address2 at example.com" {
vacation :addresses ["to-address2 at example.com"] :from "
from-address2 at example.com" text: