Problems setting up SIS (duplicate files with same hash)

Joe Beaubien joe.beaubien at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 03:57:10 UTC 2015

I figured out item #1, however, #2 is still problematic.

How can I setup dovecot to handle multiple mailboxes with SIS?

If I use "sis posix", the folders /var/attachments/[0-9a-f][0-9a-f] get
created under the name of the first mailbox. Whenevver the second mailbox
tries to read/write to those folders, it fails. Also, it seems that the
attachments never get deduplicated, but i'll deal with that later.

If I use "sis-queue", then the files get deduplicated, but I cannot fix the
multiple mailbox issues. I tried adding %u to the mail_attachment_dir,
whcih seems to work at first. But when I try to deduplicate the attachments
with "doveadm sis deduplicate" it seems that mail_attachment_fs does not
support %u and the path does not resolve properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe B

I'm trying to run SIS with queueing enabled

I tried running SIS with "sis posix", however when the
/var/attachments/[0-9a-f][0-9a-f] folders get created under the name of the
first mailbox, the second mailbox cannot write/read to them.

I then tried adding %u to mail_attachment_dir, but then I had errors when
running doveadm sis deduplicate because mail_attachment_fs doesn't seem to
support %u in the queue path.

How can I support multiple mailboxes with SIS???