sieve_extprograms - double linebreaks at filtering

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Sep 9 09:26:50 UTC 2015

Op 8-9-2015 om 13:10 schreef Hajo Locke:
> Hello List,
>
> i have a problem when using sieve-plugin sieve_extprograms. I use
> dovecot 2.2.18 and bundled pigeonhole 0.4.6 (Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS)
>
> i have enabled sieve_extprograms and vnd.dovecot.filter to send mail
> to user-defined script and get changed content back.
> My script previously was used with procmail and is working fine.
> Using same script with vnd.dovecot.filter leads to odd behavior.
> I already found out the problem itself:
> By sending Mailcontent to filter-programm it seems that
> sieve/sieve_extprograms is adding additional linebreaks to every line
> of complete mail.
> Please see this image to clarify:
> http://r31i.imgup.net/header8d56.jpg?l=de
> Every lineending got additional windows-lineendings, which leads to
> problems with processing scripts.
> Piping mails by procmail to same script is working without problems,
> because this mails are recieved "clean" without the "^M".

Well, the specified format for an internet message like e-mail has CRLF
line endings everywhere. That's why this happens now:

http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.2-pigeonhole/file/5df1b6d72ec2/src/plugins/sieve-extprograms/sieve-extprograms-common.c#l604

But maybe that is not such a good idea in a UNIX environment. I think I
can just make it configurable.

Regards,

Stephan.