My dovecot works fine against Active Directory 2003, but not against AD2008

Matthias Lay matthias.lay at securepoint.de
Thu Sep 10 13:40:47 UTC 2015

Hi Fran,

this is not a dovecot problem, thats a pure dns problem and can only
be fixed in your dns environment.

referrals are propagated in a "special" dns design in SRV records.
so the ldap client performs a dns lookup for this names and this is the
point of hanging (as in most "hanging cases", its dns).

see:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc978014.aspx
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961719.aspx
http://www.mail-archive.com/cas@tp.its.yale.edu/msg00797.html