Dovecot CalDAV server

Tim Dickson dickson.tim at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 11 09:19:41 UTC 2015

On 10/09/2015 22:43, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> I've been once in a while over the years thinking about implementing CalDAV (and CardDAV) to Dovecot. It might be time to start that soon. Does anyone have any suggestions? So far my main goals would be:
a simple method for handling calender permissions.
ie, private calenders, public calenders, and limited access calenders
radical is easy to install, but working out permissions for
editing/viewing I found less than simple.
having permissions, or at least login tied with dovecot reduces password
admin.

>   - scalable, of course
>   - configurable storage (object storage, regular fs, maybe some key-value dbs, maybe storing as emails)
It may be able to be implemented in a text file or sql table, but I'm
not sure how the mua's handle adding entries/calenders/changing
permissions etc. If it would work for thunderbird and ms outlook, it
would cover a large section of the local userbase that may use it, and
working with squirrelmail and roundcube would cover most of the webmail
based users