Multiple passwords for a user (SQL)

Marco Fretz marco.fretz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 06:07:02 UTC 2015

I managed to write a ugly but working checkpassword script for dovecot,
having multiple passwords for a user.
But now I found this:
https://github.com/dweuthen/roundcube-application_passwords

I think this is the better way to go. the crypt passwords are the
biggest problem because you need the stored hash to generate the input
hash. I know this is safer, but in my opinion SHA2 or what ever is best
available hash in mysql something should do it as well.

having application passwords is a bigger security advantage than having
stronger hashes in the database.

correct me if I'm wrong :-)

best regards
Marco