dovecot --hostdomain issue

dovecot at outputservices.com dovecot at outputservices.com
Thu Sep 24 17:31:53 UTC 2015

I am on a server I called "email.

But dovecot says i am on sunfire.outputservices.com

------------------------------------
    dovecot --hostdomain
    sunfire.outputservices.com
------------------------------------

I would like to at least get it to say email.outputservices.com. But what I really want it to say is posta.outputservices.com.

First where does --hostdomain get it's information so I can clear that up?

Then how can I get it to identify as posta.outputservices.com?

Dave Ryan
dovecot at outputservices.com
Senior System Administrator
Output Services, Inc.
Thursday, September 24, 2015 1124 hrs MDT

doveconf -n
# 2.2.15: /usr/local/tools/dovecot/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: SunOS 5.10 i86pc
base_dir = /dovecot/var/run/dovecot
log_path = /dovecot/log/log
login_trusted_networks = 137.106.0.0/16
mail_location = mbox:~/posta:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
namespace inbox {
  inbox = yes
  location =
  mailbox Drafts {
    special_use = \Drafts
  }
  mailbox Junk {
    special_use = \Junk
  }
  mailbox Sent {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox "Sent Messages" {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox Trash {
    special_use = \Trash
  }
  prefix =
}
passdb {
  args = /dovecot/etc/dovecot/conf.d/ldap.settings
  driver = ldap
}
protocols = imap
service auth {
  unix_listener /postfix/mqueue/private/auth {
    group = postfix
    mode = 0660
    user = postfix
  }