quota count

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Sep 29 14:46:51 UTC 2015

On 09/29/2015 05:14 PM, Pavel Batkov wrote:
> Hi
>
> Dovecot: 2.2.19.rc2
> OS: CentOS Linux release 7.1.1503 (Core)
> FS: XFS
>
> Problem:
>
> Dovecot it does not include line breaks in the letter.  Bug or feautre?

I don't think it's related to line feeds, although there are settings
related to that. What mailbox format are you using? It seems like mbox
format. With mbox:

> Message size in fs: 1125 bytes
>
> Message:
>
> From cras at irccrew.org  Tue Jul 23 19:39:23 2002
..

These above 4 lines are internal metadata with mbox format. Because
they're not really part of the real message, they're not counted towards
the quota. (And practically this would also make it difficult, because a
flag change would then also change the quota.)

> Dovecot count dict mysql:
>
> UPDATE quota SET bytes=bytes+974,messages=messages+1 WHERE username =
> 'user10 at test.test'

After removing those lines, the message size matches the 974 bytes
correctly.