doveadm sync -1 -R

Lukas Kolbe lkolbe at willert.de
Tue Apr 5 10:49:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

I’m migrating an old Zarafa-installation to a dovecot using mdbox and sis on Debian Jessie. To copy over the emails, I use doveadm backup on the new box - or more precisely:

vmail# doveadm -v -o imapc_user=$user -o imapc_password=$pass -o imapc_host=$host -o imapc_features=rfc822.size -o imapc_port=993 -o mailbox_list_index=no -o imapc_ssl_verify=no backup -R -x "Public folders*" -x "Public folders/*" -u $user imapc:

For each invoke of doveadm backup -R, the local (new) mailbox gets wiped and all mails are retransferred - so far, so good. I’d like to use "doveadm sync -1“ as per the manpage to keep the downtime short, however sync doesn’t like the -R option:

sync: invalid option -- 'R'

If I understand it correctly, without -R it would mean that doveadm sync would incorporate the changes from the local dovecot-mailbox into the remote imapc:-Mailbox, which is the opposite of what I want.

Dovecot version is current head as of yesterday.

Is what I’m trying to do even possible with doveadm sync?

Kind regards,
Lukas