State for dsync not working

Simon Pierre Desrosiers simonpie at cs.mcgill.ca
Thu Apr 7 00:26:25 UTC 2016

No one will answer, so I will provide my own answer for posterity.

The -s flag does not accept a file, but a string.  So a correct for loop would be the following :

for user in $userlist ; do
	state=$(cat "/Users/_dovecot/.bin/syncStates/syncstate$user" )
       doveadm  sync -u $user  -s $state tcp:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx > "/Users/_dovecot/.bin/syncStates/syncstate$user"
done

Hope it helps someone.